Lilypie>
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving

Well, my first thanksgiving is over, and it was (for the most part) a success.  If you ask anyone else, they will tell you it was great.  If you ask me, I will tell you that the turkey was dry.  Oh well, try again next year! :-)  More importantly then the food, my table was beautiful, which is what I was the most excited about.

My mom brought over some of her fall table cloths (since I only own one and it's not very festive).  IMG_3501IMG_3522

I took two different vases and filled them with cranberries. IMG_3504 IMG_3524

Then I made burlap flowers, I used them as decorations and I turned 7 of them into napkin rings (I got the idea from Jen over at www.tatertotsandjello.blogspot.com check her out for other great decorating ideas).  They came out really cute! I was very excited.  If you like them also, I would be happy to sell you some.  I can make them with any color fabric and any color center, just let me know what you want. $5 for a set of 6.IMG_3509IMG_3521

At the last minute I added some black beads that I had left over.  When they were mixed with the cranberries, they looked like blueberries.  I think it finished off the table very nicely. The foam turkeys are place card holders that Ella and her Nannie (Great Grandma) made when she came to visit.  We tried to put place cards in them, but they wouldn’t stay, so they were just cute turkeys on our table.IMG_3519IMG_3520

Lastly, here are some photos of the girlies (they looked very cute in their tutus).  These were supposed to be for Christmas, but Ella really wanted to wear hers. IMG_3530IMG_3532IMG_3533IMG_3535IMG_3536IMG_3543IMG_3546IMG_3551

:-) HAPPY THANKSGIVING now bring on the Christmas decorations! Well, not yet for me.  I am hosting an engagement party next weekend.  It is going to have a great “candy shop” theme.  Keep an eye out for photos of it in the coming weeks.

No comments: